Michael Chatman, president and CEO of the Cape Coral Community Foundation, invites the Southwest Florida community to nominate outstanding local nonprofit organizations, leaders and partners for the second annual Excellence in Nonprofit Performance Yearly awards (The ENPYs). Finalists and winners will be recognized at the awards luncheon on Tuesday, Oct. 9 from 11 a.m.-1:30 p.m. at the Crowne Plaza Bell Tower at 13051 Bell Tower Drive in Fort Myers.
Up to three finalists will be selected in each of the following categories by a panel of judges:
· Nonprofit Organization of the Year (established more than three years ago)
· Nonprofit Rising Organization of the Year (established less than three years ago)
· Nonprofit Executive of the Year (CEO, president, executive director)
· Nonprofit Board Leader of the Year (board member)
· Nonprofit Employee of the year (paid staff member)
· Nonprofit Volunteer of the Year (individual who serves the organization and/or community)
· Nonprofit Business Partner of the Year (business who supports nonprofits and the community)
In addition, the Community Impact Award, the Paul Sanborn Service Above Self Award and the Elmer Tabor Generosity Award will be presented to three inspirational individuals. The Organization of the Year and Rising Organization of the Year will each be awarded a grant from the Cape Coral Community Foundation. Application submissions are due Friday, August 31 at 10 a.m.
“A prosperous community is made up of individuals who dedicate themselves and their time to make it the best place it can be,” Chatman said. “The ENPY Awards gives us the opportunity to celebrate those exemplary individuals and their contributions in Southwest Florida.”
Criteria, instructions and nomination forms are available at TheENPYs.com. Sponsorships are also available until Sept. 10. For information on becoming a sponsor, visit TheENPYs.com.