Our members and guests are invited to take a DISC assessment test at the first meeting for the Above Board Chamber Florida “Below 40” program.
Meet our sponsor Chapman Insurance Group.
- Brian Chapman, CEO of Chapman Insurance Group. Brian Chapman, Jr. is a lifelong resident of Southwest Florida. Brian founded Chapman Insurance Group, a Southwest Florida Independent Insurance agency that provides commercial and residential insurance products in Florida. Brian was appointed by Governor Rick Scott in 2011 to the Board of Trustees at Florida Southwestern State College and served as Chairman of the Board of Trustees until 2018. Brian is active in his church and little local league and loves the “salt life” that Southwest Florida offers. Brian is a member of the Above Board Chamber of Florida.
Meet our Facilitators:
- Cotrenia Hood is the CEO of Steel Bleu, a business coaching firm specializing in offering companies innovative ways to improve organizational productivity. Cotrenia has over 20 years of proven business development experience. Her wealth of knowledge ranges from working with small businesses to major corporations and nonprofits. Cotrenia serves on several boards and leadership counsels, as well as being honored as one of the 2013 Gulfshore Business Magazine’s “40 under 40”, Florida Weekly’s Annual List of Power Women, and is a graduate of Leadership Collier. She lives in Naples, Florida, where she and her husband, Richard, enjoy raising their two wonderful children. Cotrenia is a member of the Above Board Chamber of Florida.
- Dorothy Browning: After graduating with a Master’s in Speech Pathology from the University of Kansas, Dorothy spent her first years in healthcare. Tiring of travel, she changed careers and has worked in the field of business support with a primary focus on small businesses. Currently, she is working as a consultant for the Small Business Development Center based at FGCU. Dorothy is a member of the Above Board Chamber of Florida.
Are you interested in becoming a member of the Above Board Chamber and are age 40 or below? As a chamber member, you’ll also gain access to our “Below 40” Professionals Group, where you can invest in yourself and your future while forming lasting relationships with a strong network of like-minded business professionals. Our Below 40 group of business leaders will meet for brunch monthly to develop and grow as professionals by learning about relevant topics. This is also great business training for your Below 40 staff! Call 239-910-7426 for more details.
In our first meeting, we will be bringing in experts who are Business Consultants from Florida SBDC at Florida Gulf Coast University and Lutgert College of Business. Once you RSVP for this meeting, you will receive the DISC assessment a few days later. At the meeting, you will bring your test results, and our experts will go over the results so that you will better understand yourself and others. I’ve included more information on the disc assessment below for you to review.
The DISC assessment is a behavioral assessment tool designed to help individuals and organizations understand their behavioral tendencies and preferences. There are several advantages to taking a DISC assessment, including the following:
- Improved Self-awareness: The DISC assessment helps individuals gain a better understanding of their behavioral tendencies and preferences, which can help them improve their self-awareness. This can lead to greater self-confidence and the ability to make better decisions.
- Enhanced Communication Skills: The DISC assessment can help individuals understand how to communicate more effectively with others based on their behavioral style. By understanding the communication style of others, individuals can tailor their communication style to meet the needs of others better.
- Improved Teamwork and Collaboration: The DISC assessment can also help teams work more effectively together by understanding each other’s behavioral styles. By understanding each other’s strengths and weaknesses, teams can work together more effectively to achieve their goals.
- Better Hiring and Talent Management: The DISC assessment can be used in the hiring process to identify candidates with the behavioral traits and preferences best suited for the job. It can also be used to develop and manage talent by identifying areas for improvement and providing training and development opportunities.
- Increased Productivity: By understanding their behavioral tendencies, individuals can identify strategies and tools to help them work more efficiently and effectively, leading to increased productivity.
Taking a DISC assessment can help individuals and organizations better understand their behavioral tendencies and preferences, leading to improved communication, teamwork, productivity, and talent management. Non-members are invited to sign up for one meeting to see if we are a good fit for them! We hope you can join us!
To attend the meeting and not take the Disk test, call the chamber office at 239-910-7426
NOTE: Registration cut-off is March 31, 2023. This allows time for you to receive, submit and process your DISC test.
Bookings are closed for this event.