Since 2000, Our Mother’s Home, a 501 (c) 3 nonprofit organization, has successfully transitioned teen moms and their babies from foster care and human trafficking to stable, happy, and productive lives by providing a safe and nurturing residence, education, parenting support, counseling, and physical and spiritual care.
We celebrate the hundreds of teens that have “graduated” from Our Mother’s Home who have courageously persevered against all odds to achieve their high school diploma and continuing education degrees, created their own peaceful and loving homes, and arrived at a safe harbor for building lives of productivity and purpose instead of pain.
Teen Pregnancy – and its connection to foster care and human trafficking – is an alarming issue that affects all of us in our own “backyard.”
- 40% of girls in foster care are victims of sexual abuse, as opposed to 11% of general population
- 25% in foster care have been victims of human trafficking
- 25% of traffickers actively recruit girls who are in, or products of, the foster care system
- Approximately 30% of the girls served by Our Mother’s Home are victims of human trafficking
- Young women in foster care are twice as likely as their peers to become pregnant by age 19 and to have repeat teen pregnancies
- For girls in foster care, having a child is a way to try and create the family they never had or fill an emotional void
- Our Mother’s Home provides a nurturing, stable home environment
- Our Mother’s Home provides physical, emotionally, and psychological care for traumatized pregnant girls
- Our Mother’s Home places strong emphasis on teen moms completing high school
- Our Mother’s Home administrative overhead is 19% of a modest $500K budget
- Our Mother’s Home is a United Way Partner
- Our Mother’s Home looks to meet 60% of its $500K annual budget from private donations
To be moved and inspired by the incredible stories of lives changed, be part of the solution, and have a good time as we celebrate our progress and honor our good friend and loyal supporter, Bob Forget.
Even if you are unable to attend, please consider being part of the solution with a gift. Every dollar counts, and every dollar is received with our heartfelt appreciation. We’d love to have you visit and see firsthand the work we are doing, and welcome you to the Our Mother’s Home family of friends.
When, Where & How?
Friday, February 20, 2015/Naples Beach Hotel & Golf Club
Tickets $175 per person * Terrific Sponsorship Packages Available