Our April meetings will discuss “The Landmines of Neglectful Human Resources,” a metaphorical phrase describing potential problems when an organization fails to manage its human resources properly. Human resources refer to those who work for an organization and are considered one of its most valuable assets. Neglecting this asset can lead to various issues that negatively impact the organization’s performance and culture.
Some of the most common landmines of neglectful human resources include; when an organization fails to provide a good work environment, competitive compensation, and career growth opportunities, employees may become dissatisfied and leave the company. This can lead to high turnover rates, which can be expensive and disruptive to the organization’s operations. Our April panelists will discuss the best ways to hire and maintain the best team for your company’s growth and the well-being of your employees.
Thank you to our Sponsor:
- Tim Dupre, President, PBS Contractors, Your Concierge Builder. Tim Dupre, President, PBS Contractors, Your Concierge Builder. Tim started his construction career at the age of fourteen to pay his way through a home-schooled education. While working for his grandfather, a local general contractor, he learned the basics of the construction industry. After high school, he started with Conditioned Air as a helper, working on various projects from custom homes to multi-family, light commercial, and tract homes. In July 2018, Tim became President & CEO…. of Conditioned Air, and in December 2021, he became President C.E.O. of PBS Contractors. Established in 1986, PBS Contractors builds and renovates custom luxury residences and commercial construction projects throughout Southwest Florida and is the only builder in Naples, Florida, to have earned the reputation of Concierge Builder®.
- Karen Shepherd, MSHR, SHRM-CP, is the Owner of HR by Karen, L.L.C., and the Immediate Past President of HR Collier. Karen provides tailored HR Solutions based on your company’s size, strategic goals, and objectives. Karen offers a unique quality experience by providing expert onsite, remote, and interim HR Consulting Services, Employee Handbooks, Recruitment, and Leadership Training and Presentations. You can be “In the Know” with HR by Karen on the last Thursday of each month for a Virtual 1-Hour HR Webinar at 8:00 AM. Also, be on the lookout for Karen’s forthcoming book, Do This, Not That, a Heart Approach to Human Resources. You can’t spell HeaRt without HR!
- P. Blake Renda is the Co-Founder of Veedor Holdings LLC and Veedor Holdings Srl. Veedor Holdings’ portfolio of companies includes the award-winning Dragon Horse Agency, the award-winning Dragon Horse Publishing, and the lifestyle e-commerce company of Moxie Creed. Mr. Renda is on the Board Member of The Collier County 100 Club and an Advisory Board Member of Lorenzo Walker Tech. College of Digital. Mr. has been recognized as a Distinguished Entrepreneur Finalist by the SBDC of Florida and The Greater Fort Myers Chamber. Institutional Investor Magazine also ranks Mr. Renda as a Best of the Buy-Side top institutional investor.
Meet our Emcee
- Michael Wynn has served as board chairman and president of Sunshine Ace Hardware. With 12 locations, Sunshine is one of the largest family-owned home improvement and outdoor recreation retailers in Florida. Michael is the immediate Past Chair of the board of directors of the Miami Branch of the Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta. He was voted the 2017 Gulfshore Business Best Boss, Business Observer’s 2019 Icons of Business, and the 2019 Naples Daily News Outstanding Citizen of the Year. Michael is on the Executive Committee for the Above Board Chamber of Florida.
Meet our Panelists
- Karen Shepherd, HR by Karen, L.L.C. See bio is above.
- Tim Dupre, PBS Contractors, Your Concierge Builder. See bio is above.
- John R. Huttner, President & CEO of Hollingerjobs.com and David J. Hollinger Associates. The Hollinger group provides management and operational consulting along with high-quality talent acquisition to major insurance firms in the U.S. David J. Hollinger Associates began in 1970. We are entering our 53rd year of providing these services to the insurance community. We have offices in NY/NJ, FL, and three remote locations throughout the US, servicing all of our client’s needs. John currents have been sitting on the Naples advisory boards for the Above Board Chamber since 2015 and Child’s Path, a not-for-profit for preschoolers.
- Damian Taylor is a shareholder with the law firm of Coleman, Taylor, Klaus, Doupé, Diaz, and Torrez. Damian is rated AV Preeminent® by Martindale-Hubbell®, and he has been named in Florida Trend’s Legal Elite and Florida Super Lawyers in the area of employment law. He received his undergraduate and law degrees from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill and the Florida State University College of Law.
Our Featured Non-Profit
- Vaneza Gonzales, Community Engagement and HELPline Coordinator at Project Help, Project Help has been in Collier County for over 30 years, offering free and confidential services to victims of crime, sexual assault, sudden death, homicide and suicide. We help victims become survivors. We help from victimization through prosecution.
For information on becoming an Annual Sponsor, a Meeting Sponsor, an Angel Lunch Sponsor, a Member, or an Ambassador, or for more information, please call 239-910-7426 and ask for Jeanne Sweeney, CEO/ Founder of the Above Board Chamber of FL. Together we can sail into 2023 and make it our best year yet!
Thank you to CONRIC pr + marketing for helping us with our press releases and website to get this important meeting out!
Bookings are closed for this event.