Our Thursday, April 13th meetings will discuss “The Landmines of Neglectful Human Resources,” a metaphorical phrase describing potential problems when an organization fails to manage its human resources properly. Human resources refer to those who work for an organization and are considered one of its most valuable assets. Neglecting this asset can lead to various issues that negatively impact the organization’s performance and culture.
Some of the most common landmines of neglectful human resources include; when an organization fails to provide a good work environment, competitive compensation, and career growth opportunities, employees may become dissatisfied and leave the company. This can lead to high turnover rates, which can be expensive and disruptive to the organization’s operations. Our April panelists will discuss the best ways to hire and maintain the best team for your company’s growth and the well-being of your employees.
- Jayne Malinowski, VP of Regional Mortgage Production- FL for going on eight years at (LMCU) Lake Michigan Credit Union of Florida. Founded in 1933, Lake Michigan Credit Union has grown into a full-service financial institution with over $3.7 billion in total assets and $7 billion in serviced mortgages. As the #1 purchase mortgage lender in Michigan, LMCU in Florida offers multiple offices with superior lending expertise LMCU Mortgage of Florida brings vast expertise and rock-solid stability. We are happy to service the Sunshine State!
- Jessica Walker, MA, APR, CPRC Manager & Consultant/Marketing and Public Relations at Markham Norton Mosteler Wright & Company. Markham Norton Mosteller Wright & Company, P.A. is a public accounting and consulting firm with offices in Fort Myers and Naples. Along with traditional tax and accounting services, the firm offers a wide range of other services, including general business consulting, construction business consulting, medical practice consulting, not-for-profit services, elder services, family mediation services, forensic accounting, and litigation support. Call (239) 433-5554 or visit www.Markham-Norton.com for more information.
- Suzanne M. Boy, Florida Bar Board Certified Labor & Employment Lawyer Suzanne Boy is a Florida Bar Board Certified Labor & Employment attorney and a founding partner of Boy Agnew Potanovic Miller. She is passionate about helping clients proactively and cost-effectively resolve workplace issues. She frequently conducts workplace training sessions; drafts handbooks and other workplace policies; and guides clients on employee termination, leave, and disciplinary issues. When litigation cannot be avoided, Suzanne represents her clients in court and before employment agencies.
- Michael Wukitsch is the Chief People Officer at Lee Health in Ft. Myers, Florida, leading the human resources function since 2018. With over 17,000 team members, Lee Health is the largest healthcare system in Southwest Florida. Mike is responsible for total rewards and HR systems, leadership, and organizational development, recruiting and workforce development, client group support through HR Business Partners and employee relations, diversity, equity, and inclusion, as well as volunteer services and the auxiliaries. Along with a terrific team of leaders, HR, and support professionals, he guided the health system through the global COVID-19 pandemic and Hurricane Ian using a variety of creative ways to support staff while ensuring financial recovery. With a human resources career spanning over 30 years, Mike has progressed through a variety of human resources leadership roles at Northwestern Medicine, Children’s Hospital Colorado, Molson Coors Brewing Company, Rockwell Automation, and AlliedSignal (now Honeywell).
- Karen Shepherd, MSHR, SHRM-CP, is the Owner of HR by Karen, LLC, and the Immediate Past President of HR Collier. Karen provides tailored HR Solutions based on your company’s size, strategic goals, and objectives. Karen offers a unique quality experience by providing expert onsite, remote, and interim HR Consulting Services, Employee Handbooks, Recruitment, and Leadership Training and Presentations. You can be “In the Know” with HR by Karen on the last Thursday of each month for a Virtual 1-Hour HR Webinar at 8:00 AM. Also, be on the lookout for Karen’s forthcoming book, Do This, Not That, a Heart Approach to Human Resources. You can’t spell HeaRt without HR!
- Angela Pruitt recently retired after thirty-one years with the School District of Lee County. For the last eight years, she has served as the Chief Human Resources Officer and Chief Negotiator for the District. She holds many certifications, including SHRM-SCP, IPMA-SCP, Six Sigma Green Belt, and PMP certification. Currently, Angela is filling her time by working part-time–doing HR consulting and teaching Pilates. She currently serves as the President of the Society for Human Resource Management of Southwest Florida.
- Vanessa Suarez is the HR Specialist for MNMW, bringing seven years of HR experience and 12 years of experience in accounting with payables and receivables. She graduated from Hodges University with a Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration and earned the Hispanic Institute’s Leadership Program certification. Her expertise includes full-cycle recruiting, employee engagement and retention, compensation and benefits, safety, risk management, and payroll. She also assisted with creating, developing, evaluating, and implementing policies and procedures to improve the overall effectiveness of previous organizations.
Melissa Bonner, CEO/Executive Director of the Dr. Piper Center for Social Services, Inc. A child’s eyes glance up and see a lifetime of comfort and compassion. Conversation and companionship between people who still see the sunrise as the sunset approaches. The Dr. Piper Center for Social Services and the seniors who provide its heartbeat strive each day to make a difference in the lives of children, seniors, and their community.
For information on becoming a member or sponsor, please call 239-910-7426 and ask for Jeanne Sweeney, CEO/ Founder of the Above Board Chamber of FL. Together we can make 2023 our best yea yet!
Thank you to CONRIC pr + marketing for helping us with our press releases and website to get this important meeting out!
Bookings are closed for this event.