FORT MYERS, Fla. (Oct. 6, 2022) – Due to the effects of last week’s hurricane, the Above Board Chamber of Florida is postponing its October luncheons until further notice. The safety of our residents and recovery of our community are of the utmost importance at this time. We appreciate everyone’s understanding as Southwest Florida continues to recover.
Once new dates are announced, the Above Board Chamber will be bringing top experts to town to give valuable insight on how the Federal Reserve is navigating the current economic situation. Hear their views on interest rates, labor, employment, supply chain, prices and more during these special events in Naples and Fort Myers.
Shari Bower, the regional executive for the Miami Branch of the Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta, will be the guest speaker. She is responsible for Miami’s board of directors and Advisory Council on Travel and Tourism. She previously worked with the New York Federal Reserve.
“I’ll do an economic outlook and what we are seeing in the data and what needs to happen for inflation to come down,” Bower said. “I will do a little bit of expectations around monetary policy and what the Fed is trying to do. I will share a little bit about what I am hearing from folks in the industry on what they are finding. It will be a lot of data, but some anecdotal. These are systematic challenges so they can hear they are not alone. Not a lot of people know the Atlanta Fed is responsible for Florida.”
Amelia Biehl, Ph.D., from the Lutgert College of Business, Florida Gulf Coast University will also share her expertise. She is the Chair of the Department of Economics & Finance at FGCU and was previously an economics professor at the University of Michigan-Flint. The empirical micro economist has research that has been published in several high-level academic journals.
Jeanne Sweeney, Above Board Chamber CEO, is excited to have such top talent as guest speakers. “This is a big thing,” she exclaimed. “I am really excited about it. This is so needed right now. I love when we can bring in top people. I want people to learn. My goal when they walk out of there is ‘wow they learned stuff.’”
Event sponsors include:
- Vicki Tracy, Gulf Coast International Properties;
- Alanna Morey, CFP®, APMA® Private Wealth Advisor with Siena Wealth Advisory Group;
- Michael DeLuca, CPA, MBA Principal, Director of HBK Healthcare Solutions;
- Michael Wynn, President of Sunshine Ace Hardware;
- Connie Ramos-Williams, CMO at CONRIC pr + marketing;
- William M. Blevins, President / CEO of Gulf Coast Business Bank;
- Trish Leonard, IOM, Owner of TLC Marketing & Creative Services, Inc;
- Keith A. Veres, CPA, CGMA, CEPA Principal, Director of HBK Corporate Finance, Financial Advisor | HBKS Wealth Advisors;
- Stacey Adams, Financial Advisor for Alliance Financial Group;
- Audrey Colbert-Lovell, Mortgage Loan Originator at MVM Group/Cardinal Financial Company;
- Anthony J. Leopizzi, CFP®, CLU®, ChFC®, CIMA® Private Wealth Advisor Verita Wealth Advisory Group;
- Lauri Albion, Senior Advisor SVN Commercial Partners and
- Tim Mitchell, President TOPCAT Property Restoration.
The Above Board Chamber of Florida is dedicated to bringing people of all faiths together within the community, in the workplace and amongst one another. Their mission is to supply members with tools that allow them to take every aspect of their lives Above Board. For more information on the event or on how to become a member of the chamber, call Sweeney at 239-910-7426 or visit AboveBoardChamber.com.