Fireworks, ticket specials and concerts highlight Mighty Mussels’ 2023 promotional schedule
The Fort Myers Mighty Mussels announced the team’s full promotional schedule for the 2023 season, revealing 14 fireworks shows, four specialty jerseys, three concerts, three beer fests and numerous theme nights and community initiatives.
“The Mighty Mussels are known for offering affordable family fun, and we’ve worked hard to make Hammond Stadium the place for group outings this season,” said Majority Partner John Martin. “Businesses, civic groups, churches, colleges, and small groups of friends can all enjoy a ballgame, some great food, cold beer and a good time.”
Single game tickets are on sale now at MightyMussels.com and start at $10 per ticket.
First pitch for the 2023 season is set for 7 p.m. on Thursday, April 6. On opening night, all first responders can receive free tickets for themselves and their family members in gratitude of their vital work in the aftermath of Hurricane Ian.
“It’s been six months since Hurricane Ian, and we cannot forget the heroes that stood strong right after the storm and continue to stand strong for our community,” said Team President Chris Peters. “We want to fill the grandstands with law enforcement officers, firefighters, paramedics, EMS dispatchers, doctors, nurses and anyone else whose heroism shined in the face of this extraordinary challenge.”
Highlights of the 2023 promotional schedule include:
Specialty Jersey Nights
Mighty Mussels players will be wearing four specialty jerseys during the season, and each will be auctioned after the game to support charitable causes:
• April 8: Players will don custom white jerseys with blue pinwheels to spread awareness for Child Abuse Prevention Month. Proceeds from the jersey auction will benefit the Children’s Advocacy Center of Southwest Florida.
• May 3: The Mighty Mussels will celebrate a longstanding tradition, Islands Night, with extra significance this season. Sanibel artist Rachel Pierce has designed a custom jersey featuring the Sanibel Lighthouse, which has become a symbol of Southwest Florida’s resilience after the hurricane. Proceeds from the jersey auction will support civic organizations on the islands most affected by Hurricane Ian.
• June 9: The Mighty Mussels will join other Minor League Baseball teams by celebrating Marvel’s Defenders of the Diamond Night. Players will wear custom Mussels’ jerseys with Marvel’s own twist on the Mighty Mussels’ logo and color scheme. Proceeds from the jersey auction will benefit Mussel Up for Southwest Florida, the Mighty Mussels’ new charitable arm.
• July 2-3: Players will celebrate Independence Day weekend by donning the Stars & Stripes for a pair of games that will feature patriotic jerseys and postgame fireworks. Proceeds from the jersey auction will benefit Keep Lee County Beautiful.
Building upon last year’s successful Party in the Park, the Mighty Mussels are hosting three postgame concerts:
• April 22: Grateful Dead Night, presented by Budweiser. Fans will enjoy pregame and postgame music tributes by the jazz and funk band “Unlimited Devotion.”
• May 13: Country Night & Ag Night, presented by Budweiser. “Ultimate Garth, a tribute to Garth Brooks” will play all of the musician’s popular songs you know and love.
• June 3: Faith & Family Night, presented by WayFM and Floormeisters. “Sidewalk Prophets” will perform a postgame concert for a night of faith and fellowship.
Included with the price of admission, fans can stick around to enjoy postgame fireworks shows 14 times this season. The Independence Day show on July 3 will be the biggest fireworks extravaganza in the history of Hammond Stadium. Fireworks shows will be held:
• April 7
• April 21
• May 5
• May 12
• June 2
• June 9
• June 30
• July 2
• July 3
• July 14
• July 28
• Aug. 11
• Aug. 25
• Sept. 8
Cancer Sucks Nights
Budweiser returns to sponsor the Mighty Mussels’ Cancer Sucks series, which raises awareness of cancer and support for cancer initiatives. Fans are encouraged to attend and show their support for loved ones impacted by cancer. A portion of proceeds from ticket sales on Cancer Sucks Nights will benefit cancer research. Dates include:
• April 8
• April 22
• May 13
• June 3
• July 1
• July 15
• Aug. 12
• Aug. 26
• Sept. 9
The Mussels will host three Beer Fest events on the concourse this season. For $30, Mighty Mussels fans can get a ticket to the baseball game and admission into Beer Fest, which features samples of more than 50 beers from local and national brewers. Beer Fests will be held:
• May 6
• June 10
• July 29
In addition to special events, the Mighty Mussels also feature standing specials each night during homestands, which run Tuesdays through Sundays. This year’s daily special lineup includes:
• Tuesdays: New this season, Publix 2-for-1 Ticket Tuesdays allow fans to purchase BOGO tickets at the box office by showing a Publix receipt from the past two weeks. Coors Light is presenting 2-for-1 Night on hot dogs and sodas.
• Wednesdays: Dollar Dog Night ($1 hot dogs), Silver Sluggers Night (Seniors Club, presented by Amavida), Ladies Night (2-for-1 seltzers and wine) and Guaranteed Win Night (receive a free ticket to Thursday’s game if the Mighty Mussels lose).
• Thursdays: Miracle Throwback Night (players wear throwback Fort Myers Miracle uniforms), College Night ($5 student tickets) and $1 & $2 Beer Night (12-ounce cans) presented by Budweiser, Twin Peaks and Gator Country.
• Fridays: Fireworks Night and Bacardi Happy Hour (2-for-1 Bacardi drinks at Rusty’s Bar from 6-7 p.m.).
• Saturdays: Free Fan Giveaways (first 500 fans) and Bark in the Park (leashed dogs are welcome) courtesy of Lee County Sheriff’s Office.
• Sundays: Sunday Brunch ($15 all-you-can eat brunch from 11 a.m.-1 p.m.) and Kids Club Day (pre-game catch on the field and baserunning, presented by BRANDT).
For a complete list of promotions and special events, please visit MightyMussels.com.
About the Mighty Mussels
The Fort Myers Mighty Mussels are the Low-A affiliate of the Minnesota Twins and have played home games at Hammond Stadium since 1992. The franchise, which offers affordable family fun for all ages, plays in the Florida State League’s highly competitive West Division. The Mighty Mussels are led off the field by Majority Partner John Martin and President Chris Peters, and on the field by Manager Brian Meyer. Notable alumni include MLB All-Stars Joe Mauer, David Ortiz, Jose Berrios, Byron Buxton, Miguel Sano and Torii Hunter. For more information or to purchase individual, group or season tickets, please visit MightyMussels.com or call 239-768-4210. Follow the Mighty Mussels on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook and Snapchat.