FORT MYERS, Fla. (Jan. 8, 2024) – A medical device manufacturer that works with head and neck cancer patients has signed on as sponsor of the Partners in Care charity race series this spring.
Atos Medical, which develops and manufactures high-quality medical devices for laryngectomy and tracheostomy care, is the national silver sponsor of the 2024 race series.
Partners in Care’s 2024 race schedule includes events in 11 communities across four time zones designed to promote awareness and generate support for head and neck cancer patients in financial need.
“Head and neck cancer account for about 4% of all cancers, so broader awareness and public support is essential,” said Kathy Tolentino, director of the Florida-based, nonprofit Partners in Care foundation.
“The generous support of Atos Medical and other community partners will allow our beneficiaries to better focus on beating cancer, rather than worrying about how to pay not just for treatment but other essentials,” she added. “That can include a variety of expenses that aren’t covered by medical insurance, from gas and transportation to medical supplies or equipment, childcare, lodging and food during treatment.”
The Partners in Care Foundation has expanded from its Florida roots to 18 states, with more than 8,000 patients supported through its programs over the past 17 years and more than $1 million in financial assistance provided.
All money raised from race entry fees will be used in those local communities to provide financial assistance to head and neck cancer patients and to provide cancer screenings.
The race series was started 12 years ago to bring awareness to head and neck cancers and raise money for those unable to afford costly recovery therapies that often aren’t covered by insurance, or with a very high copay.
The 2024 race schedule includes these dates and locations:
• March 23 at 6 a.m. in Miami, starting at Tropical Park
• March 24 at 8 a.m. in Hollywood, Florida, starting at Topeekeegee Yungee (T.Y.) Park
• April 7 at 8 a.m. in San Antonio, Texas, starting at Pearsall Park
• April 14 at 8 a.m. in Richland, Washington, starting at Columbia Point Marina Park
• April 27 at 8 a.m. in Cape Coral, Florida, starting at Jaycee Park
• April 28 at 8 a.m. in Venice, Florida, starting at Legacy Park
• May 2 at 6 p.m. in Charleston, West Virginia , starting at Magic Island
• May 4 at 8 a.m. in Winston Salem, North Carolina, starting at Jamison Park/Muddy Creek Greenway
• May 5 at 8 a.m. in Greenville, South Carolina, starting at Conestee Park Nature Preserve
• May 11 at 8 a.m. in Colorado Springs, Colorado, starting at America the Beautiful Park
• May 12 at 8 a.m. in Thornton, Colorado, starting at Carpenter Park/Thornton Recreation Center Park
The cost of registration is $30 for adults and $20 for youth (17 and under). There is no fee for children under age five. Registration includes a race T-shirt.
For more information or to register for a race, please visit YourPartnersInCare.org/events.
About Partners in Care
Partners in Care, founded in 1996, is a not-for-profit charitable foundation dedicated to cancer patients. The foundation helps to provide financial assistance, cancer screenings, support groups for patients as well as additional educational programs. The foundation serves patients in 18 states. Over 8,000 patients have been served since 2007 and over $900k has been provided in financial assistance. The goal of the foundation is to continuously expand to provide support to patients so that they can have one less thing to worry about during their fight against cancer. For more information, call 888-850-1622 or visit www.YourPartnersInCare.org.